Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ephiphany

Happy New Year! I'm writing this blog entry with more joy in my heart than I ever thought possible two short weeks ago. No, I'm not the mystery winner of that big lottery jackpot winner from Idaho everyone's waiting to meet. Nor did Santa leave lots of material goodies underneath my Christmas tree.

The surprises I was blessed with left me speechless much of the time. One was that of hearing the voice of a special friend who kept me focused on the present when memories of the past threatened to get the better of me. Just hearing his voice reminded me that my past doesn't determine my future.

Oh what fun it was to taste my nephew Alex's carrot cupcakes at Christmas Dinner. The wonderous portrait my niece, Marlena, drew of my parents took my breath away. I've cried many nights because my mother and father have missed family times like these. But Marlena captured their likenesses perfectly. They would be so proud of her as well as all their grandchildren.

It was great spending time with friends and laughing over silly things while enjoying special treats. Yeah, January means diet, but it was worth it to have a Kewpie burger with the works for breakfast and Infusino's pizza for dinner. Yum!

The beginning days of 2011 has brought copyediting work, which is something I haven't done in three years. I'm thankful these longtime clients remembered me again. I'm also thankful to all those who purchased Sensual Sounds and became fans both on Facebook and the barnesandnobles website. I'm hard at work on several other projects I can't wait to share in the coming months.

I hope your 2011's a joyous one too, especially if it's gotten off to a rough start. There's plenty of time for a happy new year. Hang in there.

Marcie Eanes is the author of Sensual Sounds, A Collection. Available on http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ and http://www.amazon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment